Springlab is an innovative social enterprise with a big passion for gaming and technology. We create software, products and games that stimulate an active lifestyle. Springlab is known for the co-creation of The Magic Table for people with dementia and Moon Trees, innovative outdoor game for groups in adventure parcs. Currently Springlab is developing a new gaming platform to change the education system. Our mission is to make learning more active. The platform uses motion tracking and haptic interfaces to stimulate play, movement and learning. The platform launches midst 2018.
We are looking for a skilled programmer who is up for a creative challenge and is looking to develop this new platform with us. We are a small company with big thoughts and a scary Big Hairy Audicious Goal of reaching 500.000 children with our games in 2025. This means you will have a good amount ownership and the possibility to bring in your own ideas. Plus create an entire new gaming platform for the educational system with impact.
What we want you to do
- Develop learning games for our new platform
- Develop the operating software for our platform and hardware
- Create innovative solutions to make our platform better
Desired skills and experience
- 3+ years of work experience in programming or developing games
- Extensive knowledge in hardware programming
- Extensive knowledge of Unity (C# / C++)
- You are familiar with game development and iterative design process
- You are able to communicate and share programming ideas with the rest of the team
Bonus skills and experience
- Experience with motion tracking
- A passion for physical activity, sports and games
- You are familiar with designing serious games
- You are always curious for the newest technology to use in your own work
- You love to solve technical challenges
- Fluent in written and spoken English or Dutch
- You love playing games and being active
What we offer
- Full time job (32-40 hours) starting in February
- A lot of prototyping & testing
- Dynamic assignments. You are our inventor for the IT part of our solutions
- Working in a small r&d team in a creative environment
- The possibility to pursue your own ideas
- A relaxed working environment with a healthy work-life balance
- Suitable salary matching the experience
- Office Location Utrecht (Utrecht Science Park)
- Free lunch and lots of table tennis
More about us
It’s the era of inactivity. Our lives have been designed in a way that movement is no longer a necessity. Technological solutions may seem nice, but they are mostly unhealthy. Why can’t technology be convenient and healthy at the same time? We want to counteract the trend of inactivity by creating healthier technological solutions for the 21st century society.
Solutions we created
Send your portfolio and motivation to email@example.com.
For this vacancy we only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the EU (no visa required).